Facebook owned WhatsApp has rolled out new features in its recent update. The new features will allow users to add description to their group, search the list of group participants from the group info & also easy switching between voice and video call at the tap of the button.
Let’s understand how the latest feature works:
- Update your WhatsApp from Google Play Store (Android user)/ Apple App Store (iOS user).
- Once your WhatsApp messenger is updated, then tap OPEN.
- Anybody in the group can add/edit group description. For that a user must tap on the group info and click on the description section below the Group Image. The description can be 512 characters long.
- From group info window, users can easily search any group member by tapping on the search icon.
In addition to that, new calling feature will allow users to easily switch between voice & video call at the tap of the button during a call.
- More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp.
- Founded by Jan Koum and Brian Acton.
- Facebook acquired WhatsApp for 19 billion U.S. dollars in 2014.
- Headquarter – California, USA.