What is an Email Signature?
An email signature consists of certain lines of text added at the end of all outgoing messages. Generally, it contains the sender’s name, title/designation in the company, contact number, address, website, and disclaimer. Thus, it is one of easiest way of sharing essential information with the recipient.
Benefits of Email Signature:
- It is an excellent way of promoting/advertising your business.
- Helps to increase channel of communication between the sender & recipient.
- When you are sending email to your customer/colleagues you want your email to look worthy & professional. Email signature plays a vital role in adding professionalism.
- Email signature exhibit your transparency in communication. Especially, in business it helps in building trust.
STEPS TO ADD A SIGNATURE IN GMAIL MESSAGES ON YOUR DESKTOP
Step 1: Sign in to your Gmail account.
Step 2: Click the gear shaped icon in the top right corner and a drop-down menu will appear then select Settings.
Step 3: Under the General tab, scroll down until you find the Signature section. Then select the radio button below No Signature.
Step 4: Type the necessary details in the text box provided in the Signature section. Generally, it includes your name, designation at the company (if you are representing your company) and your contact details.
- With the help of text formatting tool you can change the font & colour of the text.
- Keep it simple, don’t include too much information otherwise it will look clumsy. Try to add relevant information within 5-6 lines of text.
- If required, you can also add your image/logo/social media links. But it is advised not to link irrelevant social media accounts in your email signature.
Step 5: If you want to insert your signature before quoted text in replies. Then, select the check box “Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the”–” line that precedes it” and click Save Changes (once you are satisfied with the content of the signature).
Or if you leave it unchecked, by default two dashes “–“ will appear above your signature thus separating it from body of the email message. Here is the difference between the two if you click on Compose.
Now, your signature will appear automatically at the end of Gmail messages.
Thank You, Readers…..:)