In this article you will learn the top 70 important general knowledge questions with their answers. These are some basic general knowledge questions and even some of them were repeatedly asked in various examinations like SNAP, IIFT, SSC, CLAT, Railways etc. So, please go through these questions carefully.
Top 70 Important GK Questions
1) Who is the first Indian to be awarded with the Nobel Prize?
Ans: Rabindranath Tagore (for Literature in 1913)
2) Who is known as the ‘Nightingale of India’?
Ans: Sarojini Naidu
3) Name the body which regulates the Stock Exchanges in India?
Ans: Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
4) Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) consists of
Ans: Global associations of life insurance and financial services professionals.
5) The Steel Plant at Durgapur (DSP) has been set up with assistance from _______?
6) Who is known as the ‘Father of India’s Green Revolution’?
Ans: M.S. Swaminathan
7) Jimmy Wales & Larry Sanger founded—
8) Gagan Narang is associated with which sports
9) The instrument used to measure the speed of the wind is
10) Who designed the new Indian rupee symbol?
Ans: Udaya Kumar Dharmalingam
11) ‘Long Walk to Freedom’ is the autobiography of
Ans: Nelson Mandela
12) Headquarter of ‘International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)’ is in
Ans: Vienna, Austria.
13) Headquarter of ‘World Trade Organization (WTO)’ is in
Ans: Geneva, Switzerland
14) Where is the ‘Leaning Tower of Pisa’ located?
Ans: Pisa, Italy
15) Where is the ‘Wailing Wall’ located?
Ans: Jerusalem, Israel
16) Knesset is the Parliament of which country?
17) United Nations Security Council consists of how many permanent members?
Ans: 5 (China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States)
18) Where is the headquarter of International Monetary Fund (IMF) located?
Ans: Washington, D.C., U.S
19) Where is the headquarter of SAARC located?
Ans: Kathmandu, Nepal
20) Who is popularly known as the ‘Grand Old Man of India’?
Ans: Dadabhai Naoroji
21) Who wrote the famous book ‘A Million Mutinies Now’?
Ans: V.S. Naipaul
22) Grammy Award is given in the field of –
23) MC Mary Kom is associated with which sports?
24) PV Sindhu is associated with which sports?
25) Capital of Manipur
26) Who is the author of the book ‘The World as I See it’?
Ans: Albert Einstein
27) Who wrote the book ‘War and Peace’?
Ans: Leo Tolstoy
28) What is the full form of PSLV?
Ans: Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle
29) Hygrometer is used for measuring ___________?
Ans: Relative Humidity
30) Ryder Cup is associated with which sports?
31) Santosh Trophy is associated with which sports?
32) ‘Playing It My Way’ is the autobiography of _________?
Ans: Sachin Tendulkar
33) Veer Savarkar International Airport is in ___________?
Ans: Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Island
34) Larry Page and Sergey Brin are the founders of ________?
35) ‘Rauf’ is the famous folk dance of which state of India?
Ans: Jammu and Kashmir
36) ‘Lavani’ is the famous folk dance of which state of India?
37) ‘Mohini-attam’ is the famous dance form of which state?
38) Where is Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) located?
Ans: Mumbai, Maharashtra
39) Where is the Indian Military Academy (IMA) located?
Ans: Dehradun, Uttarakhand
40) Who wrote the ‘Akbarnama’?
Ans: Abul Fazl
41) World Population Day is annually observed on
Ans: July 11
42) What is the SI unit of ‘Electric Resistance’?
Ans: Ohm (Ω)
43) Which Vitamin is also known as ‘Riboflavin’?
Ans: Vitamin B2
44) World Ozone Day is observed every year on
Ans: September 16
45) Durand Line is the international border between which two nation?
Ans: Pakistan and Afghanistan
46) What is the Capital of Philippines?
47) What is the Currency of Bhutan?
48) Srinagar is on the bank of the river __________
49) The Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench is the deepest known point in Earth’s Oceans. It is in ______________
Ans: Pacific Ocean
50) Amjad Ali Khan is associated with which musical instrument?
51) Which country is known as the ‘Land of Rising Sun’?
52) Where is the Kaziranga National Park located?
53) What is the name of the world’s only floating National Park?
Ans: Keibul Lamjao in Manipur
54) Bhakra-Nangal Multipurpose Project is on the river ________?
55) Paradip Port is in which state of India?
56) Who gave the famous slogan “ Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it”?
Ans: Bal Gangadhar Tilak
57) The First Battle of Panipat was fought between _________?
Ans: Babur & Ibrahim Lodhi
58) The Jallianwala Bagh massacre, also known as the Amritsar massacre, took place on __________
Ans: 13 April 1919
59) Who is known as the Father of Civil Services in India?
Ans: Lord Cornwallis
60) When was the Battle of Waterloo fought?
Ans: June 18, 1815.
61) Who is the Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
Ans: The Vice President of India
62) Who is regarded as the chief architect of Indian Constitution?
Ans: B. R. Ambedkar
63) When did the Constitution of India came into force?
Ans: 26 January 1950
64) When did the Constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly?
Ans: 26 November 1949
65) How many members can be nominated by the President in the Lok Sabha?
66) Deepest Lake in the World
Ans: Lake Baikal (Siberia, Russia)
67) Who was the first Indian woman to swim across the English Channel?
Ans: Arati Saha
68) Name the Scottish scientist who discovered ‘Penicillin’?
Ans: Alexander Fleming
69) Which planet is known as the ‘Evening Star’ as well as ‘Morning Star’?
70) World Environment Day is annually observed on
Ans: June 5